Let me stay on topic. I know for a fact that GOD can speak through dreams. As I stated prior, I am gifted in this area. Let me share a story about a dream that was fulfilled. Over three years ago, I had a prophetic dream about a childhood friend. In the dream, he was murdered, specifically shot about 7 times. In the dream, I was sleeping and rolled over to read a text message that he had been killed. When, I woke up from this dream, I refused to believe or receive it. I pleaded with GOD and began rebuking the devil. See dreams can come from GOD, our sub-conscious mind, or the devil. I thought it was a combination of my sub-conscious mind and the enemy. Little did I know that the actual gun had already been cocked and it was only a matter of time that my friend would be murdered. If I was more focused on praying and asking GOD for more revelation on this matter, then I probably would have been more prepared for his death. A year and four months had passed in silence. Then, I woke up one morning from a weird dream. I dreamt of a graveyard and it felt like people were weeping but I couldn't see these people. Then my eyes zoomed in and I saw this description on a grave "When you died, you left a string of broken hearts." So, I got up and started my day! Later that day, I dozed off again. When I woke up, I saw my phone blinking. I rolled over and read this horrific text message from another childhood friend. She stated that our friend had been shot about 7 times and he passed away. I could not believe that the entire dream had been fulfilled. Most of all, I couldn't believe that he was killed. I took it very hard because I had the warning but I just refused to believe what GOD was showing me. I discounted this dream because I simply thought that I was crazy (one who flew over the cuckoo's nest lol). I repented for being disobedient and I learned a lot from that dream. Where am I going with all of this dream talk? It is clear that we are in the last days, GOD wants to share future events with his people. He wants to share world events with us and personal events as well. Dreams are a great way to do such, because they go pass the fallen mind. Sometimes you can dream something powerful and know without a shadow of doubt that GOD is speaking to you. So, the point of this post is to encourage you to be more sensitive to the Spirit of GOD. Instead of discounting some of your dreams, pray and ask the HOLY SPIRIT for an interpretation. It could literally be life or death that GOD wants to share with you. But, I also want to put out a disclaimer, I have also dreamt beautiful things as well. GOD has given me dreams about specific friends getting engaged, married, and etc (all of which have come to pass). I have also had dreams about about my future mate (one day soon we will meet lol). So, if you are a dreamer, I want you to be encouraged about what GOD is sharing with you. After using discernment about the source of the dream, be prayerful, because GOD could be speaking to you. I will leave you with this, "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions." (Joel 2:28 KJV).
Be edified my dear dreamers...
Tanika

0 comments:
Post a Comment