Friday, May 10, 2013

God's Grace vs. Man's Grace



Today, I was pondering on this thing called 'Grace.'  I have heard many sermons on God's wonderful grace.  The bible illustrates God's grace from Genesis to Revelation. God even sent his 'only' begotten son to die for this world (this illustrates the undying love and the grace that God has for his people).  Unfortunately, humanity doesn't show the same grace to one another.  These days 'we' are exposed to different scandals.  Most of which are sensationalized by the media.  However, the reaction of the masses to these 'scandals' has become brutal.   In the last four years, we have gone from one scandal to the next.  Sadly, people have used social networks to slander and tear down those involved in scandals.  The times that those involved in a particular scandal have apologized, the reaction of the masses was “He/She didn't seem sincere!" Honestly, the person involved in the scandal hadn't changed, the only thing that has changed is our perception of that person. Now, that you are disgusted and disappointed with this individual, you believe that he/she doesn't deserve grace.   My question is: Who are we to measure those deserving grace vs. those that don't deserve grace?  Have we exalted ourselves above a sovereign God that shows us grace daily? Have we forgotten that it wasn't our decisions or good works that have saved us from eternal damnation but it was salvation through grace?  Interesting enough the business world understands grace more than most Christians.  When I was 22, I purchased my first vehicle.  The car was new and I was hit with a very high car note.  I was a senior in college and working a low paying job; the first few months were an adjustment in regards to the financial impact of paying a car note.   I remember an incident where I  came up short with a payment and was forced to call the lien holder.  I told the customer representative that I wouldn't be able to pay the car note on the due date.  She replied, "Ms. Ward, we give a ten-day grace period to our consumers. Please get the payment into our company within the next ten days!"  I was given grace because I missed the 'mark.'  The 'mark' in this case was getting that payment in by the due date.  The business world understands that each individual may not have
the money on the due date.  Therefore, grace helps the 'undeserving' person make the mark.  The business world is illustrating a small piece of the grace that God gives us.  God loves us so much that when we miss the mark, he will give us chance after chance.  Please don't get me wrong, God does require us to repent daily, but his grace cannot be compared to the grace of man. The grace of man is conditional and based upon the instability of emotions.  So, if you have fallen, remember God's grace is readily available.  If you are the type of person that doesn't believe in giving grace to those that have made mistakes; I challenge you to think of all of the times that you have fallen short (each time God's grace was sufficient for you).  I will leave you with this scripture, " But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more." (Romans 5:20). 

4 comments:

  1. AMAZING if even the people of the world can show some form of grace we has the people of God should be walking in and showing the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ at a much high level one toward another and not just towards the body of Christ but also those in the world what a wobderful topic friend #powerful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Shantell...God's revelation is amazing...thx for reading

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

© Tanika Honey Ward, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena