Saturday, May 25, 2013

For the Ladies: What Happened to My Virtue? The Spiritual Exchange During Pre-Marital Sex!!



This topic is for the ladies that are frustrated with relationships.  I have coached and even counseled so many women that have struggled with heartbreak and feelings of emptiness after ending a relationship.   In these particular relationships, pre-marital sex was always present.  We all know that fornication is a sin.  We all know that pre-marital sex can open up the door to unwanted pregnancies and diseases.  But, does everyone know that pre-marital sex is a spiritual exchange only reserved for the marriage bed?  In the Old Testament, the Children of Israel were participating in sexual immorality as pagan worship.  I don't know which part infuriated God more; the sexual immorality or the pagan worship. Nonetheless, God was not pleased that 'his creation,' delighted in defying his laws.  God had reserved sex for marriage and for the purpose of pleasure and procreation.  With that being said, there are consequences when we invite someone that is not our husband into the Temple of the Living God (our bodies).  In order to explain this more in depth, I will have to go into the bible.  Let us briefly look at Luke 8: 40-46.  There was a woman with an issue of blood.  In other words, she had her period for 12 years.  She had gone to doctors and spent lots of money on getting healed to no avail.  As a matter of fact her condition worsened.  So, she heard that the Christ would be coming through her area.  She made up her mind, that she would be healed.  She thought within herself, 'If I could just touch the hem of his garment, I know I will be whole.'  She touched the hem and immediately the woman was healed.  But here is the interesting part, Jesus turned around and said 'Who touched me, because I felt my virtue leave me?'  Let us define this word 'virtue.'  According to the Webster Dictionary, virtue is defined as 'conformity to a standard of right or a particular excellence.'  Virtue is a God given gift.   I will also venture to say that virtue is something that God has deposited into his women.  What is my proof of such?  Well, in the Old Testament the word 'virtuous' is mentioned a few times ('virtuous' is derived from the word 'virtue').   Here are a few scriptures that utilize the word virtuous:

Proverbs 12: 4 A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband...
Proverbs 31: 10 Who can find a virtuous woman?
Proverbs 31: 29  Many women have done virtuously, but you have excelled them all..
Ruth 3: 11 I will do what is necessary, for everyone in town knows you are a virtuous woman...

Do you see the pattern here?  Each time that the word 'virtuous' is mentioned, it is in reference to a woman.  Now let's dig a little deeper.   In the scripture about Jesus and the woman with the issue of blood, Christ stated that 'his' virtue was drawn out of him due to the woman's faith. Remember Christ at this point is in his 'Immanuel' suit. He is the God that is with us, meaning he was walking amongst his people.  As his virtue left him, remember that his virtue was replenished because he is God.  So where am I going with this whole virtue thing? Well ladies God has placed a virtue deep inside of you only reserved for your husband.  Each time you have sex with a man that is not your husband, a spiritual exchange transpires.  You have given that man legal right to draw from your God given virtue. It is only a matter of time before he begins to act different.  He may ignore your calls and text messages. He may even start saying mean and demeaning things.  You may begin to say, 'He wasn't acting like this in the beginning.  What has changed? Why is he treating me in such a manner?'   I am almost sure in the beginning of the relationship, that man was chasing you.  He probably was telling you things like 'I want a long-term relationship.  I want to be married......' But, once sex had been introduced, things shifted.  You have now become 'typical' in his eyes.  You are just another girl.  You are no longer special to this man. As he took away your virtue during pre-marital sex, he deposited his weaknesses into your temple.  This spiritual exchange can leave you feeling empty, hopeless, vulnerable, depressed, anxious, angry, and etc.  Meanwhile, that man that you slept with seems strong, boastful, arrogant, and etc.  He withdrew some of that virtue and unlike Christ there is no way to get it back from that man.  To get your virtue back, you must seek the virtue giver.  He is the same one that healed the woman with the issue of blood.  He is the same one that stated in Proverbs 31 that 'your price is above rubies.'  He is the same one that is 'close to the broken hearted and saves those that are crushed in spirit.'  (Psalm 34:18).  If you are going through this right now or you have not healed from a past relationship; let me help you.  First repent for your sins! Next forgive yourself for your role in this situation.  Lastly, seek GOD for healing.  Seek God through spending time in his presence.  Let the Virtue Giver replenish your soul and spirit.  Read God's word and begin analyzing the value of a woman.  God never called us to be ‘Concubines.’ God called us to be 'VIRTUOUS!'   If a man doesn't respect your virtue, welp, let him go. ✌ ✌  Guess what he will eventually leave anyway if he is not whom God ordained to be your husband.  The goal of this post is to remind you that: You are valuable.  So, stop selling yourself short.  Stop moving in desperation but instead move in God!!! God has the best intent for your life.  He won't withhold a good thing from his babies!!! I cover every reader of this post with the blood of JESUS!!! I love you and thank you for reading!!! Be ENCOURAGED!!!!

I would also suggest that you read a blog by Heather Lindsey called, 'Where is My Adam.'  This will help you after you are done cleansing from past relationships. Please copy and paste the link into your address bar:

http://heatherllindsey.blogspot.com/2012/04/where-is-my-adam.html#.Ud4GcByhRlY


TANIKA

2 comments:

  1. BRAVO! This written post was not only of value but ordained by the trinity to be given to all man that should be read. Thank you so much for being the vessel which was needed in order to make this possible.

    Peace and blessings. I love you my beautiful sister in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thk you Myra..I really appreciate that...

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

© Tanika Honey Ward, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena