I won't get deep; I just
want to share a few things.
Waiting: this topic will never get old. There are
so many Christians that have decided that they will wait on God for the right
mate. Years ago I came to the same conclusion. I was in my early
twenties and was tired of the nonsense. I would meet a guy and for one
week he would talk about his love for God. As time went on this seemingly
'Godly man' would began talking about sex and etc. I would find myself
frustrated. I would ask God, 'Do you really have a mate for me?'
God never responded at the time, because he wanted to develop my
character. He also wanted me to finish college and graduate school.
As time passed on, I realized that I was still attracting the same kind
of guy. So, I inquired of God about this thing. God responded,
"Tanika, you attract exactly what you will settle for." Then,
God began ministering to my spirit about elevation of the mind. So, I decided
in my heart that I would not settle for a man that lacks a relationship with
the Christ. God also began revealing that there is a mate out there for
me. He also let me know that bringing the mate wasn't hard a thing to
do; but instead he was more interested in getting me through the 'waiting
process.' Now into this whole topic of waiting on the promise. In
America, we are taught that we don't have to wait. When we go to
restaurants we get frustrated if we have to wait to be seated, if the food
preparation takes too long we get annoyed, if we stand in line for anything for
'too long,' our patience is pushed to the limit. There is a sense of
entitlement when it comes to this thing called 'waiting.' Most may feel
that they don't have to wait. This type of ideology is flawed and
worldly. God doesn't submit himself to man nor does he submit himself to
worldly views or laws. See God is more concerned about us bearing fruit.
But, in order to do so, we must walk through a process. There is a
danger in walking into anything premature. One of satan's strategies is
to make us rush into things before the proper timing or season. For
example, one of a pregnant woman's greatest fears is to give birth prematurely.
A premature baby is subject to a lot sickness and suffering. In
some cases, these babies die. The babies that make it are usually in the
hospital for months on end. Where am I going with this? Welp, God doesn't
want you to walk into that marriage prematurely. It is too risky! There
is too much at stake! Marriage is purposed driven. Therefore the
wait is not a punishment. The wait is necessary for God to cultivate
things within you and to extract things from you. So many of us are
damaged due to the issues of life. God wants to begin the healing process
of that damage, so that it won't show up within the marriage. God desires
to bless you with the mate that is not perfect but one that is perfect for you!
God desires to use your marriage to set others free. He wants to
use your marriage to show the world that truly, "What God puts together,
no man can separate.' I know the wait seems long, but if God promised you
a mate, please believe that God cannot lie. He is doing a work in
you! Ladies give God the allotted time to mend broken areas and deposit
virtue into you. The goal is to get you to become a virtuous woman!
Fellas, God takes your role as a husband very serious. Christ died
for his wife (the church); therefore you must be ready to cover the woman that
God is preparing for you! Fellas, you must submit yourself to God in
order to find this woman. She is hidden in the arms of her savior!!! I
encourage everyone to stand in the waiting process...you are not alone as I am waiting
as well!!! I will be doing a blog on waiting and sexual purity soon!

0 comments:
Post a Comment